Bitcoin Optech newsletter #80 is here:
- requests help testing the next version of LND
- summarizes a discussion about soft fork activation mechanisms
- describes a few notable changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure software
Seems even more relevant now, PSBTs would make this a lot simpler to implement.
New blog post from ajtowns on priorities in btc development:
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #78 Year-in-Review Special is here:
- summarizes developments in Bitcoin during 2019
- major releases of infrastructure projects
- notable technical conferences / events
- new open source infrastructure
- Bitcoin Optech efforts
“ Don't kill yourself, please
If you’re suffering from depression and are looking for a sign to not go through with ending your life, this is it. This is the sign. We care
Christmas can be a hard time for people
If you see this on your [timeline], ret[oot] it. You could save a life.”
This says everything I've thought about #Brave for a long time, way better than I can say it.
I entirely agree with this message on #gunrights. HK is a prime example of the need for such rights in civil defense against tyranny.
Bitcoin Core "Good First Issues" https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-want-to-learn-how-to-contribute-to-bitcoin-try-a-good-first-issue
I'm excited to announce we're launching a new mailing list for lnd devs/users/vendors, and those building applications/services on top of lnd: https://groups.google.com/a/lightning.engineering/forum/#!forum/lnd ⚡️
It's hosted via Google Groups so you can either join use it as a regular mailing list via email, or the UI
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #73 is here:
- announces a new minor version release of LND
- notes downtime on the development mailing lists
- describes recent updates to Bitcoin services and clients
- summarizes Bitcoin infrastructure projects changes
This looks interesting: btc-rpc-proxy "enables you to specify several users and for each user the list of RPC calls he's allowed to make." Useful to reduce permissions of LN nodes, liquid, joinmarket, etc etc. https://github.com/Kixunil/btc-rpc-proxy by @firstname.lastname@example.org
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!