Podcasting 2.0 Episode 50: Max Boost Time
Adam & Dave discuss the week's developments on podcastindex.org with free software entrepreneur Max Hillebrand. We go deep on how all this bitcoin lightning stuff works. An outstanding board meeting!
"Back to the Future with RSS!" by Nicky Case https://ncase.me/rss/
RSS is still the best way to consume internet media IMO. Let's hear it for RSS.
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #161 is here:
- follows up on a previous description about fidelity bonds in JoinMarket
- summarizes the 'Prefer to use txindex if available for GetTransaction' Bitcoin Core PR Review Club meeting
- continues the 'how to prepare for taproot' series: multisignature nonces
- announces C-Lightning 0.10.1, Bitcoin Core 22.0rc2
Important adjudications going on here:
Cat Lady : The weight of my Burmese cat in grams on 7 May 2021 : 2021-05-07 00:00:00 : 3600
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #160 is here:
- continues the 'how to prepare for taproot' series: multisignatures
- announces C-Lightning 0.10.1rc2
- notes changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure projects
I bought a house about six months ago. Kinda feeling like a mope now though because it looks like they want to make it impossible to evict anyone ever again, so I could've rented a mansion until it fell apart for a lifetime cost of just the first months rent plus a security deposit.
(Seriously, I predict renting is about to get a lot more expensive and harder to access for people without steady jobs. Basically lots more people are headed to the projects---or the streets. 🙁)
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #159 is here:
- includes our regular sections with the best questions and answers of the past month from the Bitcoin Stack Exchange
- continues the 'how to prepare for taproot' series: learn taproot by using it (Optech Workshop)
- announces Rust Bitcoin 0.27.0, C-Lightning 0.10.1rc1
We donated 4 of the 6 existing mainnet Pay-to-Taproot outputs (currently anyone-can-spend) to brink.dev.
Thank you f2pool.com and @satofishi for including the non-standard transaction in a block!
We donated 4 of the 6 existing mainnet Pay-to-Taproot outputs (currently anyone-can-spend) to @bitcoinbrink.
Thank you @f2pool_official and @satofishi for including the non-standard transaction in a block!🐟
Update: well, fuck. I Dunning–Kruger'd myself. Turns out the problem I blamed on the ISP really wasn't their fault---it was the fault of my third-party wifi router.
I guess the appropriate clothes to wear the next time I need the tech is a clown costume.
I've been running my own SMTP server for 19 years but despite having everything seemingly setup perfectly, Google saying my domain has a high reputation, etc etc, much of my email to gmail users has been going to spam for the past two weeks.
I'm pissed, but I'm also not sure there's anything else I can do to fix this. I'm not sure how I can continue to work without email, and so I guess I'm going to have to start using someone else's centralized SMTP server. 😠