The thread on dual funding workflow for LN is interesting, h/t @harding
I am seeing similar to discussions as we had before about P2EP/Payjoin - how to create backout facility in case of maliciousness, how to avoid probing. PoDLE is one idea, but there are others as per discussion. h/t @ZmnSCPxj also.
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #80 is here:
- requests help testing the next version of LND
- summarizes a discussion about soft fork activation mechanisms
- describes a few notable changes to popular Bitcoin infrastructure software
Seems even more relevant now, PSBTs would make this a lot simpler to implement.
New blog post from ajtowns on priorities in btc development:
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #78 Year-in-Review Special is here:
- summarizes developments in Bitcoin during 2019
- major releases of infrastructure projects
- notable technical conferences / events
- new open source infrastructure
- Bitcoin Optech efforts
“ Don't kill yourself, please
If you’re suffering from depression and are looking for a sign to not go through with ending your life, this is it. This is the sign. We care
Christmas can be a hard time for people
If you see this on your [timeline], ret[oot] it. You could save a life.”
This says everything I've thought about #Brave for a long time, way better than I can say it.
I entirely agree with this message on #gunrights. HK is a prime example of the need for such rights in civil defense against tyranny.
Bitcoin Core "Good First Issues" https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/op-ed-want-to-learn-how-to-contribute-to-bitcoin-try-a-good-first-issue
I'm excited to announce we're launching a new mailing list for lnd devs/users/vendors, and those building applications/services on top of lnd: https://groups.google.com/a/lightning.engineering/forum/#!forum/lnd ⚡️
It's hosted via Google Groups so you can either join use it as a regular mailing list via email, or the UI
Bitcoin Optech newsletter #73 is here:
- announces a new minor version release of LND
- notes downtime on the development mailing lists
- describes recent updates to Bitcoin services and clients
- summarizes Bitcoin infrastructure projects changes
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!